Today, you will be adding a new healthy salads to your day to day menu.
I love salads and they will be favorite way to vibe on the dinner table.
Also, if you will agree with me veggies are very nutritious and very simple to prepare.
On a quick read let’s look out for these delicious yet simple to prepare salad recipes
1. Mixed Vegetable Salad
Make this salad for your next dinner or picnic date and it’ll feel good. Also, this very salad can assist in weight loss
A vinaigrette dressing gives it a brilliant coating, while add pops of sweetness. Also, garnish with some olives
Preparation for the salad
- 1 cup of Lettuce
- 1/4 well chopped Cucumber
- 1/4 diced Carrots
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 2 shallot or salad onion
- green olives
For the vinaigrette dressing
Pour in your olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, white pepper and blend it up using a spoon.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, add salad dressing and toss it up. Salad is ready !!
2. Chicken Salad
This chicken salad is so tasty, you will love it for every meal. This dish can also be serve as main dish.
How to make Chicken salad
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast cut into 2 chunks ( well season or marinate it )
- 3 small size of tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of fresh lettuce
- 1/4 chopped cucumber
- Sweet corn
- Few drops of Olive oil
For the dressing:
5 tablespoons of avocado or mayonnaise dressing
2 teaspoons squeezed lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Direction or method
1. Cut all vegetables into nice chops and refrigerate.
2. Bring a frying pan, pour in little amount of olive oil, add well seasoned sliced chicken. Fry until well cooked.
3. Arrange or mix all the chopped vegetables, sweet corn and cook chicken on a ceramic plate or glass bowl.
4. Add avocado dressing or mayonnaise.
3. Carrot Salad
It’s simple and refreshing, featuring a drop of diced parsley.
Moreover, whenever you serve this carrot salad to family and friends, they’ll love it.
Ingredients for carrot salad : Preparation
- 1 cup of julienne carrots
- Fresh parsley
- Salad dressing ( Vinaigrette or mayonnaise )
Julienne ( long thin matchsticks ) carrots can be achieved by grating or cutting into long thin slice.
Add all the vegetables to a bowl with the dressing and stir to combine. Ready to serve.
Read : Best Smoothie Recipes
4. Broccoli Salad
This clever salad recipe is the ideal for vegans or people who are on diet, plus it makes a lovely dinner night
- 1 cup of fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup of red cabbage
- 3 cherry tomatoes
Process in making broccoli salad
1. With salted water, cook the broccoli in medium heat for 3 mins.
2. Finely cut your red cabbage into pieces also, dice the tomatoes
3. In a mixing bowl, place vegetables in and add your mayonnaise and toss. Refrigerate or serve right away.
5. Green summer salad
A much easier salad you can prepare. Good accompaniment for your cooked potatoes or any rice dishes
- 1 finely washed lettuce, cut into bigger pieces
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/4 red cabbage
How to make green summer salad
1. In a ceramic or glass salad bowl, place in your lettuce, grated or chopped carrot and red cabbage. Mix together
2. Top up with either vinaigrette or mayonnaise dressing.
6. Avocado Salad
This very salad is loaded with rich creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumber, which make the whole salad so fresh and delicious.
- 2 medium avocados (firm but ripe), sliced into dice pieces
- Cucumber, cut into neat size
- Juicy tomatoes, Red onion, sliced into small pieces
- Chopped cilantro and Black pepper
How to make avocado salad
1. In a salad bowl, place chopped tomatoes, sliced cucumber, red onion, diced avocado, and chopped cilantro.
2. Drizzle 2 Tea spoon olive oil and 1 Table spoon of lemon juice. Toss gently to combine. Sprinkle black pepper for garnish
Preparation for vinaigrette dressing your salad recipes
( mustard, olive oil , white pepper, lemon, white vinegar and whisk together in a small bowl )
To sum up, do well to refrigerate all salad recipes